05 Jun Lakshadweep Archipelago with Felix Hansvencl (Germany) Nov/Dec 2016
Dates: 26 November – 03 December
Popping & Fly Fishing for GT, Tuna, Sailfish, Bonefish, Triggerfish etc.
Totally refurbished mothership operation
English, German and Swedish speaking hosts
It is hard to believe that the Lakshadweep Islands, formerly known as the Laccadives, have remained widely untouched from tourism. The islands are the northernmost of the Lakshadweep-Maldives-Chagos group of islands, which are the tops of a vast undersea mountain range, the Chagos-Laccadive Ridge. A mere 1 1/2 hour flight from mainland India is all that it takes to set foot into the softest coral sand you will ever experience. Stepping of the plane and you find yourself in the famous ”Giant Trevally triangle” of the indian Ocean, the arabian Sea. The Lakshadweep islands are the eastern border of this body of water that is known for its massive GT’s. Just on the other side of the Arabian sea, you will find Southern Oman as well as Socotra, both known for their unimaginable fish size on heavy popping equipment.
- Recommended Arrival in Cochin: 25 November (spending one night in Cochin)
- Flight from Cochin to Agatti Island: In the morning of 26 November (1 ½ hours flight)
- 7 Nights/6 Days on board of mothership: 26 November – 03 December
- Flight from Agatti Island to Cochin: In the morning of 03 December
- International flight back home: Every flight after 4.00 pm on 03 December is suitable
- Maximum of 6 Anglers on mothership per week (excl. host)
- 3 smaller fishing boats available that take 2-3 Anglers plus crew depending on method of fishing (Popping, Jigging, etc.). Equipped with GPS, Radio and Fishfinder.
- Fly Fishing is mostly done by wading the flats but also possible from the boat
- High quality tackle available for rental / pre-bookings only (200 USD)
- Your host will help you with flight infos, tackle set-ups and other questions that come up. Furthermore, there will be a pre-trip document for every person with important information for your adventure.
Fishing is in my DNA passed on through generations of my family. Always looking for new adventures and challenges in the freshwater and saltwater game. I am just into everything that our beautiful planet offers, so far I was lucky to fish places like Canada, Alaska, Mexico, Argentina, Sweden etc. and try to spend every minute on the water. I guided for one year in Canada, BC – fishing for the biggest Pacific Salmons and Steelheads. After that I started hosting trips together with the crew from Solid Adventures and Fly Fishing Nation.
Follow me to paradise and experience an unforgettable fishing trip! Just contact me via email@example.com for further details.
This is right down your alley? Contact us today for further information!