From December 2008, Loop Adventures in cooperation with Planet Fly Fishing and Casa Batida took over the management of the fishing area on the north coast of Villa Clara province in Central Cuba in the west sector of Jardines del Rey. Unesco has declared this region a reserve of the biosphere. The area is beautiful and has all attributes for flyfishing with channels, mangroves and flats.
This is high-octane! Precise fast casting is the medicine. Fish from 10 to 80 lbs are present all year long and very big migrating tarpons up to 160 lbs start to show up in great numbers from March onwards. Classic sight flats flyfishing combined with chances in mangroves and channels when weather or tide is wrong for flats. Always a chance. Fishing for big snappers and jack is also great.
Seasons are as follows:
- High season March 25 – July 30
- Good season March, Aug and Sept.
- Protected park area with some of the best tarpon fishing in the world and with the new protection all commercial netting for bonefish is now finally stopped.
- Only 4 boats.
- Radios in all boats.
- Possible Special 6 rod/week program with 4 days double- and 2 days single skiff through hosted weeks.
- All the latest Loop saltwater tackle free to borrow.
The Melia Las Dunas 5 star hotel offers a true family resort with many family oriented activities. White sand beach, pool areas, all inclusive bars and retaurants.
For more information and booking, please contact Christer Sjöberg on: email@example.com or call: +46 (0)70-666 86 32.